Center for Clinical Genetics
Luanne Fraer, MS, LCGC
- Pregnancy Screening Laboratory Supervisor
- Adjunct Instructor
Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh
- MS-Human Genetics-Genetic Counseling from University of Pittsburgh
- BS-Biology-Slippery Rock University
1984- Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
- Board Certified Licensed Genetic Counselor
- American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Pregnancy Screening included first and second-trimester screening.
- Prenatal Genetic Counseling
- The efficacy of screening modalities for detecting genetic conditions and fetal anomalies during pregnancy.
As the supervisor of the Pregnancy Screening Laboratory at Magee-Womens Hospital I am dedicated to providing accurate First and Second-trimester screening results. I have work to communicate results to the referring physicians and provide consultation regarding follow-up for abnormal results. I have provided prenatal genetic counseling to help patients better understand information regarding the implications of prenatal ultrasound findings, testing options, genetic risk assessment, and plans for management.
- Association of undetectable unconjugated estriol on multiple marker screening with steroid sulfatase deficiency. Jari SD, Fraer LM, Hogge WA. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2004 Jan-Feb;19(1):43-8. PMID: 14646417
- Racial disparity in midtrimester maternal serum alphafetoprotein (MSAFP) as a marker for spontaneous preterm birth. H. S Gammill, L. M Fraer, H. N Simhan. Journal: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology – AMER J OBSTET GYNECOL , vol. 189, no. 6, pp. S168-S168, 2003. DOI: 10.1016/j.ajog.2003.10.394
- Maternal serum screening for fetal trisomy 18: benefits of patient-specific risk protocol.Hogge WA, Fraer L, Melegari T. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001 Aug;185(2):289-93. PMID: 11518881
- Paternity testing: Is it a genetic counseling issue? Coss LN, Fraer LM. J Genet Couns. 1994 Mar;3(1):78-81. doi: 10.1007/BF01414609. No abstract available. PMID: 24233799