Center for Clinical Genetics
Laura Rittmeyer Jenkins, MS, LCGC
- Clinical Genetic Counselor
Division of Medical Genetics
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- MS Genetic Counseling from University of Pittsburgh
1995 – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- BA English/Psychology from Bucknell University
1988 – Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
- American Board of Genetic Counseling, September 1996
- Re-certification: American Board of Genetic Counseling, August 2016
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Pediatric Genetic Counseling
My experience as a genetic counselor has included many different aspects of the profession. My career began in the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh providing pediatric and adult counseling, including coordination of the NF Clinic and the HD Clinic. I then transferred to the Cancer Genetics Program at Magee-Womens Hospital and spent several years providing counseling for hereditary cancer. This experience led me to Myriad Genetics, where I worked as a Regional Genetic Counselor. After taking a 13 year hiatus from genetic counseling to raise a family, I am excited to be back in the pediatric/adult setting at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Rubinstein WS, O’Neill SM, Peters JA, Rittmeyer LJ, Stadler MP. “Mathematical modeling for breast cancer risk assessment. State of the art and role in medicine.” Oncology. 2002 Aug;16(8):1082-94.
- Gettig EA, Banke MG, Rittmeyer LJ, Mulvihill JJ. “Prenatal diagnosis: update addresses technological advances.” Pa Med. 1997 Nov;100(11)28-30.
- Banke MG, Gettig EA, Rittmeyer LJ, Mulvihill JJ. “What is a gene?” Pa Med 1997 Sep;100(9):24-5.
- Lazebnik N, McPherson E, Rittmeyer LJ, Mulvihill JJ. “The floating harbor syndrome with cardiac septal defect.” Am J Med Genet. 1996 Dec 18;66(3):300-2.