Center for Clinical Genetics
Adult Genetics Clinic
The Adult Genetics Clinic at the Magee-Womens Hospital focuses on the care of adult patients and their families with genetic disorders. We offer a variety of genetic testing, including whole exome and genome sequencing, risk assessment, interpretation of genetic results and family counseling. We work collaboratively with other specialists from our Center for Medical Genetics and Genomics and the UPMC specialized Clinics to provide optimum care for our patients with Adult Genetic disorders.
What are the reasons for a genetics consultation?
- A known or suspected genetic condition
- A family history of a genetic condition
- Family member(s) with birth defect(s)
- Unknown disease likely to be genetic
- Developmental and/or intellectual disabilities
- Chromosomal microdeletions, microduplications, or translocations
- Preconception genetic counseling
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Heritable Connective Tissue Disorder
- Myopathies, muscular dystrophies
- Neuropathies, Charcot Marie Tooth
The clinic is staffed by board-certified medical geneticist and board certified genetic counselor. The clinic also provides training and continuing medical education to residents, genetic counseling students, and interested internal medicine residents in the areas of connective tissue disorders (Marfan syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome), hereditary neurological conditions, muscular dystrophies, and many other genetic disorders.
Individuals, families or health care providers with concerns related to genetic conditions are invited to contact us with questions or to make an appointment. For further information including scheduling an appointment please call 412-641-4168.
|Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
300 Halket St.- Suite 1651
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
|8:00 am-3:30 pm M-F|